The Islander Athletic Fund hosts a number of events throughout the academic year for our donors to enjoy.
Monthly Luncheon Series
The Islanders Monthly Luncheon Series, presented by the Port of Corpus Christi, returns for year two as fans are invited to join us monthly during the 2015-16 sports season. Luncheon guests will once again have the chance to interact with their favorite coaches and student-athletes in a relaxed setting on the first Tuesday of the month.
The Islanders Monthly Luncheons will be held at locations in downtown Corpus Christi, with tickets for each week priced at just $15 to cover the cost of your meal. Registration and food lines for the monthly event will start at 11:30 a.m., with the program slated to run from noon-1 p.m.
Tickets for the luncheons are available for purchase online or by calling 361-825-BALL (2255). Fans wishing to attend the monthly events can also pay at the door, but are encouraged to purchase tickets in advance due to the limited number of available seats.
The schedule is as follows:
|Sept. 1||Water Street Seafood Co.|
|Oct. 6||Emerald Beach Hotel|
|Nov. 3||Holiday Inn Downtown Marina|
|Dec. 1||Emerald Beach Hotel|
|Jan. 5||Water Street Seafood Co.|
|Feb. 2||Emerald Beach Hotel|
|Mar. 1||Holiday Inn Downtown Marina|
|Apr. 5||Water Street Seafood Co.|
|May 3||Holiday Inn Downtown Marina|
Islander Athletic Fund Golf Tournament
The Islander Athletic Fund Golf Tournament is held every year during April at the Corpus Christi Country Club. Teams of four take part in a scramble that features fun games and unique interaction with Islanders student-athletes. The event also features a silent auction, lunch before the round, and a reception following the afternoon's activities.
Founded in 2013, Casino Night is an enjoyable fundraiser that allows Islander Athletic Fund supporters to participate in various Vegas-style games including blackjack, poker, slot machines, craps and roulette, in an effort to accumulate the most chips to win recognition as top gamer for the evening. The event also features a dinner, auction and music to provide first-class entertainment for all in attendance.
The third annual Islander Athletic Fund Casino Night saw a tremendous evening of food, friends and fun on Saturday, Aug. 8, at the new Anchor Ballroom on the campus of Texas A&M-Corpus Christi. The sold-out event raised nearly $40,000 for Islanders student-athlete scholarships. Islanders Basketball pep band director Kenneth Iyescas took home the honors of Casino Night’s top gamer with a chip count of 103,500. Bruce Hamende finished in second place with a chip count of 96,500, followed by Clay Campbell’s 81,025, Juan Garza’s 61,000 and Reese Buchanan’s 44,900.
The second annual Casino Night raised nearly $30,000 toward student-athlete scholarships at Texas A&M-Corpus Christi. Thomas Houck was the overall chip winner, taking home the trophy with a chip count of over 73,000 from the night’s gaming, narrowly edging Eric Hernandez. Donna Netek, Richard King and Jim Potts rounded out the top five winners on the evening.
Donor Hospitality Events
The Islander Athletic Fund will host a variety of hospitality events and receptions during the year for members to enjoy. For more information on the 2015-16 schedule below, please contact the IAF Office.
- Sept 8 - Athletics/Alumni Mixer in El Paso at BJ's Restaurant, 5:30 pm
- Oct 9 - IAF hospitality reception at Women's Soccer, 7pm at Dugan Stadium
- Oct 13 - Athletics/Alumni Mixer in Houston at Dave & Buster's Katy Freeway, 6pm
- Oct 17 - IAF hospitality reception at Women's Volleyball, 1pm at Dugan Wellness Center
- Oct 29 - Athletics/Alumni Mixer in San Antonio at Stone Werks Lincoln Heights, 6pm
- Nov 19 - Men's Basketball @ Texas A&M Watch Party, 7pm at Dewey's (2302 Rodd Field Rd.)
- Nov 21 - Men's Basketball @ Texas Watch Party, 7pm at Fuzzy's Taco Shop (6646 S. Staples)
- Nov 21 - Athletics/Alumni Mixer in Austin at Abel's on the Lake, 3825 Lake Austin Blvd., 4-6pm
- Nov thru March - hospitality at Basketball (Islander level donors and up)
- TBA - hospitality reception at Southland Conference Basketball Tournament
- TBA - Softball and Baseball tailgate
- TBA - tailgate at Tennis
- TBA - hospitality reception at Southland Conference Baseball Tournament