BASIC RECRUITING DO'S AND DON'TS
• Prospective student-athletes being recruited by
Texas A&M University—Corpus Christi (or anyone else)
should not receive cash or any other items of value from anyone
associated with TAMUCC.
• Prospects should not receive promises of any of the above.
• Prospects should not receive correspondence or phone calls from anyone other than the TAMUCC staff or faculty about The University.
• Prospect's families should not be promised or given any items of value or received job promotions or new jobs based upon a prospect's decision to attend TAMUCC.
• Neither a prospect nor their family should receive "free" tickets to any events other than complimentary tickets for athletics events held on campus.
If any of these has occurred, or if you are unsure about whether something that has happened during your recruitment is permissible, you should contact the Compliance Office immediately at (361) 825-2843 or (361)-285-2858.
NCAA Guides, Links, and Information
- Guide to the College Bound Student Athlete
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- Eligibility Center Brochure -- Quick Guide for High School Prospects
- Initial-Eligibility Standards
- NCAA Drug Testing Program
- NCAA Banned Drug List 2008-09
- NCAA Drug Testing 2009-10 Program Brochure
- NCAA Health and Safety Website
- Nutritional Supplements (Permissible and Impermissible)
Agents & Amateurism
TAMUCC Amateurism Guide
Texas A&M University—Corpus Christi
- NCAA D-I 2007-2008 Academic Progress Rate
- APR Reform – NCAA
- NCAA D-I Graduation Success Rate
- GSR 1998-2001 Cohorts – TAMUCC
- Federal Graduation Rates Data Archive
- Graduation Rates – TAMUCC
National Letter of Intent